giovedì 23 luglio 2009

Choose Life

...but which one?

I had a fantastic time at home last week seeing Mum and Dad, catching up with all my friends and appreciating the oasis of cool tranquillity that is the UK after the experience of summer in Milan. I indulged in endless hours in chain coffee shops drinking ersatz Italian coffee and delighted in the concept of putting these coffee shops in bookshops so that you can be tempted by cake and literature at the same time. I breathed in the fresh air and the smell of grass and hedgerows after a summer shower and I drove on well signposted roads where people respect the speed limit.

I also began to look forward to going to Paris. I found out more information about my job and got excited about furnishing my flat on Ikea online. I discovered that one of my French friends is moving back there in September and I started to plan all the things that I want to do when I get to Paris.

Then I came back to Italy and sat in the park in the sunshine and watched the well dressed people go by and went to the Lido with my friend and remembered all the wonderful things about Italy.

As it happens, my choice is made. In a way, it was made for me. But if I had completely free choice, which would I choose?

Nessun commento: