mercoledì 29 luglio 2009

Moving to Paris 2: Last Night in Milan

After the ordeal of sending my parcels yesterday, my cleaning schedule was about six hours out. This was a problem, as Italian landlords generally expect you to do a very thorough job before you leave, sometimes going as far as repainting the walls. I didn't manage that, but I did stay up until 2 am cleaning the oven, washing the floor and trying to get a reading from the gas meter, which is cunningly positioned so that you can only read it if you have a head no bigger than a Barbie doll's. I did, however, take a couple of hours off for aperitivo in the lovely Brera district, one of the few parts of Milan that is actually beautiful, with J. and L.. We found a great bar with friendly staff and a huge and varied buffet. It's on the corner near Lanza metro station and is called, ironically, 'The Old Post Office'.

Nessun commento: