mercoledì 3 dicembre 2008

Christmas Market

Someone pointed out to me today that I haven't posted anything on here for over a week, and, that given my normal addiction to blogging, some of my readers might be getting worried. Fear not, for I have simply been going in search of exciting and exhilarating experiences, the better to entertain you, dear readers. I also got bogged down writing a very long and thought-provoking post which I might publish later, but for now, here are some updates.

Last Saturday I went to L'Artigiano in Fiera, which is an enormous market at the exhibition centre where you can buy products from all around the world. There are 10 different sections and over 2000 stalls. We were there for over 3 hours and didn't even see half of it.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy it that much because I thought it would be crowded and far too expensive but in fact it was really good fun. A lot of the prices were similar to in the shops and you could sample things as you went round. I got a ridiculous amount of cheese, some Normandy cider for my next crepe party, Stroopwaffeln from Holland, a couple of Christmas presents and some socks, as well as admiring furniture, paintings and belly-dancing outfits from afar. There were thousands of people there, but the place was so big that it didn't matter. But then, this is Milan, and the one thing you can do better here than anywhere else is go shopping!

Nessun commento: